When practicelaw staff took a break from shoveling their roofs, we posted new and revised materials in several different practice areas. It’s a little something for everyone.
For criminal law practitioners:
practicelaw now houses two summary outlines and memoranda of law in support of a downward departure. They were prepared by Ryan Garry and contributed to practicelaw after his terrific presentation at a MSBA Criminal Law Section CLE in January. One would be appropriate in a case of criminal vehicular homicide, and the other, in a sale of controlled substance case.
For real property practitioners:
The Residential Real Estate Committee of MSBA’s Real Property Section recently reviewed and updated its residential lease, RPF 41.
The Minnesota Uniform Conveyancing Blank Task Force revised two Uniform Conveyancing Blanks.
- 60.8.2 Affidavit of Creditor Regarding Non-Homestead Status
- 70.3.1 Notice to the Commissioner of Human Services Regarding Possible Claims (Under Minn. Stat. 246.53, 256B.15, 256D.16 or 261.04)
practicelaw staff then revised the corresponding Editable Conveyancing Blanks, ECB 6082 and ECB 7031.
These newly revised forms are all posted at practicelaw.
For rule abiders:
Various sets of Minnesota Court Rules have been amended in the past couple of months. Also, the Minnesota Revisor of Statutes now publishes the Minnesota court rules in a searchable format. To accommodate our users, we’ve updated all our rules links to the Revisor’s version.
In the hopper, need your help:
- Addition of practice checklists – After 64% of practicelaw survey respondents asked for checklists on practicelaw, we started collecting them from practitioners. These will be formatted, credited, and posted this spring. For more information or to donate a checklist or other form, check out a previous post.
- Monster J&D – It’s time again for our periodic review of the Monster J&D. If you know of specific issues that should be included in the Monster J&D that are not included currently or provisions that you feel are lacking or that need to be added, email Greg Luce. The suggestions to date can be viewed at http://mnbar.us/erMBm4. The current version of the Monster J&D is available for review here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2174599/Monster%20J%26D/fam-680-2011Q1.doc
In the hopper, got it covered:
- The Legislature is back at work. What are they up to? Well, we’ve added feeds from the MSBA Advocacy site to practicelaw to keep you updated in one-stop shopping.
- We are putting the finishing touches on a new law firm guide, Launching a Law Practice in Minnesota.
- The Appellate Practice Council is updating the articles on appellate practice.
- practicelaw staff is working with practitioner Bob McLeod on reviewing and revising the Guardianship & Conservatorship forms on practicelaw.
- practicelaw staff is working on expanding the set of Civil Litigation forms available to members.
Now, back to shoveling roofs.